Well, I have my jungle back under control! Over a period of a few days I got many of my plants repotted, trimmed and I've collected seeds, not to mention planting some new veggies and flowers in my pot garden.

Currently in my garden plot I have two Crimson Watermelon plants taking over. I also have a huge and gorgeous rose bush that is more than 5 feet tall with pretty dark pink roses. I have one large and tall yellow marigold plant that insists on toppling over, as soon as I collect some more seeds from it, I will be pulling that up allowing the watermelon more room to grow. I also have some morning glories in the middle of it all climbing up a tomato cage, they seem to be doing very good despite the watermelons taking over. Last but not least, I have yellow and green peppers growing near the edge, they're doing well, I can't wait to try my first pepper! A few more weeks and the peppers should be ready for picking! I plan on removing and transplanting most of the plants in my garden plot and keeping it for the watermelons, roses and morning glories. Everything else is going to be grown in pots, it's so much easier, cleaner and more organized when you grow a garden in pots.
As for my pot garden, oh boy do I have ALOT going on. Many of my seeds that were planted within this past week have yet to sprout. I have many different seeds planted from veggies to herbs to flowers. I have a very large pot that I plan on planting different types of flowers in, it should be beautiful when everything is in bloom. I have so much going on with my pots, I can't even think to name everything I have growing. I will take photos later and give you all updates on how everything is doing, until then, happy gardening.

Visit my absolute favorite gardening forums in the meantime: http://www.helpfulgardener.com/phpBB2/


This entry was posted on 2:22 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: